Invisalign is the best orthodontic treatment to help restore your smile to its original self or improve it. Patients with issues like teeth misalignment, crossbite, overbite, underbite, etc. can benefit from this type of treatment.
When it comes to patients with issues of crooked teeth, this is the best option since it has many benefits over alternatives like braces, veneers, crowns, etc.
This helps improve the oral health of the patient and allows a patient to maintain excellent wellness, flossing, and bruising.
This article goes on to provide vital information about Invisalign, like the benefits, tips to help decide if it is for you. It is a must-read for those considering Invisalign in Denver, CO.
Benefits For Invisalign In Highlands Ranch
It is vital to maintain oral health for many reasons like to remain healthy and maintain good digestion. Here are some of the benefits of opting for Invisalign treatment:
- Traditional braces use brackets that are glued to the teeth, connected with wires, and are clearly visible, on the other hand, Invisalign uses removal trays which are easy to put on and remove.
- The trays for the Invisalign treatment are created using digital imaging hence includes high precision since they are custom made.
- Braces tend to affect the normal daily routine of a patient, besides being obvious that a person is wearing braces, they affect simple activities like brushing, flossing, and are bad for the overall wellness of the patient.
- This type of treatment is useful for both teenagers and adults and helps patients achieve the perfect smile they have always wanted.
Tips For Invisalign
- Invisalign are easy to clean; this can be done by simply brushing and rinsing them in cold water.
- Oral hygiene can be maintained by simply brushing after meals and reinserting the aligners.
- The aligners are meant to be worn at all times no matter what the activity while undergoing treatment for up to 22 hours a day. However, there are a few exceptions like when eating or drinking, playing sports, brushing, or flossing.
- This type of treatment does not affect a patient’s speech in any way.
- The aligners will usually be required to be changed periodically like every 10 days or 2 weeks as per the advice of the orthodontist and the treatment.
- At times it might be necessary to wear elastics while wearing aligners however, this depends on the treatment plan.
- Aligners work in progression hence there might be a need to step back in the treatment and wear the previous aligners. Thus, never dispose of the aligners that you have removed.
- It is a good idea to carry the case of Invisalign at all times in case there is a need to remove them for the purpose of eating or drinking, Doing so will also ensure they do not get squashed or damaged.
- Aligners should not be put in place by biting them, they should be gently pressed into place since doing so can damage them.
- The treatment might also involve wearing a set of aligners only at night.
Is Invisalign Treatment For You?
Invisalign is a treatment that is optimal for fixing gaps since this makes the teeth vulnerable to decay and there are also chances the gums might be infected. It is also useful to fix several other issues like crowding of teeth and more. Unlike the popular belief of several people who imagine all Orthodontic treatments to be very painful, it is not so with Invisalign.
This is the optimal treatment to straighten the teeth without the use of wires or brackets. It involves making use of plastic aligner trays to gradually move your teeth into place. All patients are eligible to take advantage of this treatment.
However, it is important to keep in mind that it is essential to wear them for up to 22 hours, both while asleep and during normal hours. A patient needs to consider if this fits with their daily activities prior to opting for such a treatment.