Video production can be helpful for a business as promotional videos can be used to promote the business. A well-made video can help attract customers and help promote the brand and products in an effective way.
Every business can create promotional videos to help them in their marketing efforts. The following ten tips will help you create the best promotional video for your business:
- Create a plan on how you want your video to be. Decide the objectives of your video and what you want to achieve by making the video. This should be the starting point of the process to produce your video.
- Video production can be done in-house and can be shot even using a mobile phone. However, a professional video would create a better impact. The services of a professional video agency can be used to create a top-quality video.
- The video must be aimed at your target audience. You need to understand who will watch your video and what they are expecting. This will help you create an engaging video that your target audience will like.
- You need to decide if you will use your customers and staff in the video or want to use professional actors. It is always better to use your own staff and customers as it makes your video authentic and believable.
- Your video is being made to promote your business. Hence, make sure you use your branding effectively throughout the video. Your brand logo, colors, and other elements must be visible in the video so your customers can associate the video with the brand.
- You need to have a script for your video that specifies what the people in the video would say. The script should be used as a reference only and people should avoid reading from the script. This makes the video look artificial.
- The video should be shot in settings appropriate to your business. You can shoot the video in your own office or in a customer’s place or a store (depending on your business). Avoid shooting in a studio as it will make the video look unnatural.
- Your video should be presented as a story that narrates a message. This format will allow your customers to relate to your video and get the message easily.
- Post-production plays a key role and you need to edit the video after production to make it perfect. The use of background music, graphics, and animation can make your video more effective.
- Use a call for action in the video to make it effective. Your video is meant to promote your business and prompt your customer to take action. The call for action can be subtle or direct depending on the video type. It must prompt your customer to visit your store/website or buy your product.
The ten tips given above can be followed to create an attractive and engaging promotional video production that helps you bring in customers and boost sales. This is a great way to improve your business.
Benjamin Teo, at SCM Asia offers video production to visual content creation on different platforms for the world of digital contents, commercials, promotional based in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.