These days, you can find THC, the active ingredient in marijuana in almost any type of food. Cookies, brownies, candy, beer, butter, and even coffee are all products that can be purchased as marijuana edibles.
One THC product in particular, though, has quite a few benefits that make it preferable to almost any other type of edible on the market. If you haven’t tried thc-infused honey yet, now’s the time to learn about its many benefits.
Any ailment that is alleviated by raw honey can be alleviated by cannabis honey. Since you’re just adding THC to the raw product, you aren’t changing any of the health benefits that honey provides. Specifically, honey, whether it’s the regular version or the THC version, can:
- Protect the body from cell damage – honey has antioxidant properties, which means it can protect your body from getting damaged by free radicals. In fact, honey can contain as many antioxidants as some fruits and vegetables!
- Kill fungi and bacteria – honey naturally contains hydrogen peroxide, which is an antiseptic. This ingredient can kill several types of fungi and bacteria, depending on the type of honey you use as your base for cannabis honey.
- Boost the immune system – the phytonutrients in honey help strengthen the immune system and fight off cancer-causing agents.
- Alleviate digestive issues – Honey is a powerful prebiotic, which means it feeds the good bacteria in your digestive tract. This promotes good digestion and overall health.
- Alleviate a sore throat – Honey in all forms, including THC-infused honey, can help make your sore throat feel better. One or two teaspoons can coat your throat, making the pain virtually disappear.
The added THC in canna honey may boost the health effects of raw honey on its own. Known to ease anxiety, THC can help relax the body long enough for it to heal. Relaxation and rest are necessary for anyone who’s battling a health issue, so cannabis-infused honey fits in with many treatment plans.
Safe Consumption Method
Consuming cannabis as a honey infusion is one of the safest ways to use marijuana. You can control how much THC is in your honey, and how much honey you consume.
You can eat it on a sandwich or put a little in your tea as a sweetener. It’s by far healthier than smoking marijuana and it can be safer than consuming it in other types of edibles if you’re unsure of the dose that’s in what you’re eating.
Just be sure to follow a recipe so you know exactly how much you’re putting in your canna honey to make it as safe as possible.
Saving the Bees
If you haven’t heard, the honeybee is a threatened species, one that if were to go extinct, would drastically impact agriculture around the world. By using cannabis-infused honey, you’re helping save the honeybee population.
It may sound overly-dramatic to state that you’re contributing to the propagation of a species, but in this case, it’s really not. The honeybee is critically important to our food sources, so keep making that THC honey and do your part to save the world!
One of the best things about THC-infused honey is that it’s easy to make on your own. You don’t need to go out and buy a special jar that costs a fortune. You can have your honey made and be enjoying its many benefits in just a few minutes.