Top 21 Beautiful Marriage Quotes That Make The Heart Melt
1. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”-Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.”-Nicholas Sparks
3. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”-Jane Austen
4. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.”-Kahlil Gibran
5. “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him.
I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love.
The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.”-Coco Chanel
6. “Happiness is only real when shared”-Jon Krakauer
7. “The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.”-Charlotte Bront
8. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”-Elizabeth Gilbert
9. “You know it’s never fifty-fifty in a marriage. It’s always seventy-thirty, or sixty-forty. Someone falls in love first. Someone puts someone else up on a pedestal. Someone works very hard to keep things rolling smoothly; someone else sails along for the ride.”-Jodi Picoult
10. “Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.
11. “There is no such thing as a “broken family.” Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut.
If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.”-C. JoyBell C.
12. “I’m about to make a wild, extreme and severe relationship rule: the word busy is a load of crap and is most often used by assholes. The word “busy” is the relationship Weapon of Mass Destruction. It seems like a good excuse, but in fact in every silo you uncover, all you’re going to find is a man who didn’t care enough to call. Remember men are never to busy to get what they want.”-Greg Behrendt
13. “Often people that settle in life are those that only do what they can with what they have and where they are. Never settle for someone that didn’t know your worth from the beginning, or build a life without God in it. Live beyond your low expectations.”-Shannon L. Alder
14. “If marriages are said to be made in heaven then why search for grooms in hell.”-Amit Abraham
15. “Your relationship or marriage is dead or dying, if you almost always have to remind your partner to miss you (and/or they almost always have to remind you to miss them).”-Mokokoma Mokhonoana
16. “Romance is overrated: it lasts but a second; marital quarrels a lifetime.”-Jørgen Kronborg Hansen
17. “If marriages didn’t need divine assistance to survive, weddings wouldn’t be held in churches.”-Christopher Buehlman
18. “Chasing a man is not winning. The only thing you win is the loss of your dignity. Confidence is knowing your value, instead of expecting a man’s love to provide you with value.”-Shannon L. Alder
19. For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?”, here’s an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!”-Andy Rooney
20. “MARRIAGE IS NOT AN EVENT. Marriage is a journey. A journey that begins from the very day you hold hands of one another to walk together rest of your journey. During the journey, you LAUGH together; CRY together; care for one another, pacify each other, and you create a new world for yourself. You walk together during all seasons. You share your JOY and you share your PAIN. You continue to walk together until time parts you away.”-Sanjeev Himachali
21. “If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do.
If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs. Busy is another word for asshole. Asshole is another word for the guy you’re dating. You deserve a fcking phone call.”-Greg Behrendt