Every man or woman leaves behind a legacy, good or bad. Once gone, he is remembered for it. Some die of natural causes, some are killed or assassinated and some just disappear and never come back again.
Life is short and unpredictable. The bitter tragedy of human life is that it is all too fragile, and these very photos are a good reminder of our own mortality.
Shortly after each of these pictures was taken, tragedy struck. The photos below are the very last pictures ever taken of each of these iconic celebrities before they passed away.
1. The Last Picture Of Freddy Mercury, Before He Died In 1991 Of Bronchial Pneumonia Resulting From Aids.
2. Tupac Shakur With His Manager Suge Knight Before He Was Shot To Death In A Drive-By On September 13, 1996.
3. Before Taking Her Final Flight, Amelia Earhart Posted For Photos In 1937.
4. This Photo Of Adolf Hitler Was Taken Approximately Two Days Prior To His Death, Standing Outside One Of His Bunkers.
5. Accounts Of Abraham Lincoln’s Last Photograph Are Varied. This Picture Was Taken Before His Assassination In 1865 And Was Found In General Ulysses S. Grant’s Photo Album.
6. This Is Supposedly The Last Photo Of Albert Einstein Taken In March Of 1955 At His Home In Princeton, New Jersey. A Month Later He Died From An Aortic Aneurysm.
7. A Week Before Amy Winehouse’s Death On July 23, 2011, She Was Spotted Walking Near Her Home In North London.
8. Heath Ledger Smiles On The Set Of The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus Before Overdosing On Pain Killers.
9. This Is The Last Known Photo Of Chris Benoit, Taken On A Cell Phone In Dr. Phil Astin’s Office On June 22, 2007.
10. The Man Who Shot John Lennon, Mark David Chapman, Appeared In The Last Photo Taken Of The Musician, Asking For An Autograph.
11. This Is The Last Photo Of Anne Frank, Standing With Her Sister Margot In Early-To-Mid 1942. This Was Taken Before Her Family Were Discovered And Arrested On August 4th, 1944.
12. This Is Supposedly The Last Photo Of Bob Marley Hanging Out With His Family In Munich, Germany, Before He Passed Away From Cancer On May 11, 1981.
13. Elvis Presley Pulls Into Graceland With Ginger Alden On August 16, 1977, After Visiting The Dentist.
14. James Dean Stands With His Allegedly Haunted Porsche, Which He Only Owned For 9 Days, Before His Death.
15. Biggie Smalls Appears In A Photo With Sean “P. Diddy” Combs, Right Before His Death After The Soul Train Music Awards.
16. Jim Morrison And His Girlfriend Pamel Courson Pose For A Picture In Saint-leud’esserent. Five Days Later He Was Found Dead.
17. Jimi Hendrix Poses With His Favorite Instrument, “Black Betty,” The Day Before He Died.
18. The Who Drummer, Keith Moon, Died On September 7, 1978. He Overdosed On A Drug Prescribed To Combat Alcoholism.
19. These Pictures Of Kurt Cobain Were Taken By Jesse Frohman. Soon After, Kurt Committed Suicide In 1994.
20. This Picture Of Lucille Ball Was Taken On The Red Carpet At The 61st Academy Awards In March 1989.
21. Marilyn Monroe Visited Frank Sinatra And Buddy Greco The Weekend Before Her Death On August 5, 1962.
22. Princess Diana Is In The Back Seat Here, Looking Back At The Paparazzi. Seconds After This Picture Was Taken, The Mercedes She Was In Crashed.
23. Richard Pryor Poses With Eddie Griffin Shortly Before His Death On December 10, 2005.
24. Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Was Drinking With His Friends Hours Before The High Speed Crash That Killed Him And His Passenger.
25. Steve Irwin Poses With Marine Biologist Chris Jones On His Boat Two Days Before His Death In 2006.
26. Steve Jobs Days Before Succumbing To Pancreatic Cancer After A Fight That Spanned Several Years.
27. Ronald Reagan With His Wife Nancy. He Passed Away After Fighting Alzheimer’s For Nearly A Decade.
28. Philip Seymour Hoffman Died Of A Drug Overdose. He Had Been Sober For Several Years But Accepted A Glass Of Champagne At A Wrap Party That Caused Him To Completely Relapse.
29. James Gandolfini, Star Of HBO’s ‘The Sopranos’ Suffered A Fatal Heart Attack While On Vacation With His Family In Rome.
30. Paul Walker Died In A Car Wreck After Leaving A Charity Event To Benefit Victims Of A Typhoon.
31. Robin Williams At A Party The Day Before Taking His Own Life. His Doctors Believe That Suffering From The Condition Of “Diffuse Lewy Body Dementia” Was A Critical Factor In His Suicide.
32. Joan Rivers The Night Before The She Underwent A Surgery Whose Complications Would Ultimately Claim Her Life.
33. Cory Monteith. This Ominous Silhouette Proved To Be A Chilling Foreshadow Of What Was To Happen In The Days To Come.
34. Brittany Murphy Posing During Her Final Red Carpet Appearance Before Suffering From Cardiac Arrest Weeks Later.
35. Michael Jackson Rehearsing For His Sold Out Show At The Los Angeles Staples Center Two Days Before His Death.
36. Whitney Houston Seen Leaving Tru Hollywood Club.
37. John F. Kennedy As His Motorcade Toured Downtown Dallas
38. Kim Jong Il With His Entourage That Include His Son And Successor Kim Jong Un.
39. Martin Luther King Jr. During One Of His Final Interviews.
40. Babe Ruth’s Final Appearance At Yankee Stadium.
41. The Space Shuttle Challenger Crew On Their Way To The Launch Pad.
42. John Candy On The Set Of His Final Film That Was Never Finished.
43. Last Photo Taken Of All Four Of The Beatles Together.
44. Dale Earnhardt Before His Final Race Where He Fatally Crashed In To A Wall.
45. Aaliyah, Boarding A Boat That Would Take Her And Her Entourage To The Airport Where They Would Board A Plane That Would Tragically Crash.
46. Chris Mccandless Last Self Portrait Before Dying Of Starvation In The Alaskan Wilderness. The Book And Later Movie Into The Wild Tells Of His Life.
47. Andy Kaufman Died Soon After This Of En Extremely Rare Type Of Lung Cancer.
48. Mark Twain. His Last Words Written On A Note By His Death Bed Read “Death, The Only Immortal Who Treats Us All Alike, Whose Pity And Whose Peace And Whose Refuge Are For All — The Soiled And The Pure, The Rich And The Poor, The Loved And The Unloved.”
49. Margaret Thatcher Was The Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom From 1979 To 1990. She Died At The Age Of 87 After Suffering A Stroke.
50. The Last Photograph Of Mahatma Gandhi Before His Assassination.
51. George Harrison Of The Beatles.