Childhood is the golden part of our life that we can never return to.
Children’s Day to enjoy the little things is the most beautiful day in our lives. Our childhood experiences help shape our future. A society can be judged by what it does for its children. There is no denying that children are the key to everyone’s future. How we nurture and inspire our children can go a long way toward making this world a better place. What drives the world is the desire to bring out the best in our children.
What you teach your children today affects not only their future but also the future of this world. Try to raise children who are inspired, encouraged, and positive. You can turn one of the inspirational quotes into a piece of art for your bedroom (opens in a new tab). This is to remind you to always look on the bright side of things the next time you feel down. Or invite them to create their creations by drawing their favorite quotes at Crafts for Kids next afternoon.
You may be small, but these childhood quotes show you the importance of your childhood and the children you have in today’s world.
Many overlook children and the important role they play in our world.
As we grow up, it’s easy to forget how our minds worked as a child and how much we enjoyed the simple things around us.
Childhood shapes who we want to be.
Inspirational Childhood Quotes
1. “Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”― Dr. Seuss
2. “Literature is a textually transmitted disease, normally contracted in childhood.”― Jane Yolen
3. “[Kids] don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.”― Jim Henson
4. “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”― Tom Robbins
5. “For in every adult there dwells the child that was, and in every child there lies the adult that will be.”― John Connolly
6. “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”― George R.R. Martin
7. “Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days.”― Flannery O’Connor
8. “Because never in my entire childhood did I feel like a child. I felt like a person all along―the same person that I am today.”― Orson Scott Card
9. “Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.”― Edna St. Vincent Millay
10. “Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul.”― Dave Pelzer
Funny Childhood Quotes
11. “Grown-up, and that is a terribly hard thing to do. It is much easier to skip it and go from one childhood to another.”― F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. “I cannot for the life of me understand why small children take so long to grow up. I think they do it deliberately, just to annoy me.”― Roald Dahl
13. “All of us are products of our childhood.”― Michael Jackson
14. “Everything is a ceremony in the wild garden of childhood.”― Pablo Neruda
15. “The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood.”― Richard Paul Evans
16. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”– Sigmund Freud
17. “Childhood, after all, is the first precious coin that poverty steals from a child.”– Anthony Horowitz
18. “Childhood is the fiery furnace in which we are melted down to essentials and that essential shaped for good.”― Katherine Anne Porter
20. “I miss those childish days of long ago, when one day was as long as twenty are now .”– C.J. Heck
Cute Childhood Quotes
21. “Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul.”– Dave Pelzer
22. “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.”– Julian Barnes
23. “Whoever said that childhood is the happiest time of your life is a liar, or a fool.”– Carlos Ruiz Zafón
24. “A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.”– Marion C. Garretty
25. “There is no land like the land of your childhood.”– Michael Powell
26. “In the happiest of our childhood memories, our parents were happy, too.”– Robert Brault
27. “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.”– Tom Stoppard
28. “When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn’t the old home you missed but your childhood.”– Sam Ewing
29. “Childhood is the most valuable thing that’s taken away from you in life if you think about it.”– Heather O’Neill
30. “We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
Childhood Quotes Short
31. “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.”― Tom Stoppard
32. “Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies. Nobody that matters, that is.”― Edna St. Vincent Millay
33. “The older I grow the more earnestly I feel that the few joys of childhood are the best that life has to give.”― Ellen Glasgow
34. “How dear to this heart are the scenes of my childhood when I fond recollection presents them to view!.”― Samuel Woodworth
35. “There was a place in childhood that I remember well, and there a voice of sweetest tone bright fairy tales did tell.”― Samuel Lover
36. “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.” – Julian Barnes.
37. “Childhood is the best of all the seasons of life, and the longer it lasts with happy memories, the stronger the emotional stability in adulthood.” -Venugopal Acharya.
38. “Don’t you wish you could take a single childhood memory and blow it up into a bubble and live inside it forever?” -Sarah Addison Allen
39. “Praise the innocence of childhood soon forgotten.” -Will Leamon.
40. “I don’t want to grow up,’ she thought. ‘There can’t be anything nicer in the world than this – being with the others, having fun with them. No – I don’t want to grow up!'” -Enid Blyton
41. “When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn’t the old home you missed but your childhood.” -Sam Ewing.
Early Childhood Quotes
42. “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.” -Tom Stoppard.
43. “When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so.” – C.S. Lewis.
44. “Childhood is like contemplating a beautiful region as one rides backwards, one really becomes aware of the beauty at that moment, that very instant, when it begins to vanish.” – Soren Kierkegaard.
45. “We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it.” -George Eliot.
46. “Every time you miss your childhood, ride on a bicycle!” -Mehmet Murat İldan.
47. “Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.” -Chili Davis.
48. “Old age lives minutes slowly, hours quickly; childhood chews hours and swallows minutes.” -Malcolm De Chazal.
49. “What was wonderful about childhood is that anything in it was a wonder. It was not merely a world full of miracles, it was a miraculous world.” -G.K. Chesterton
50. “How dear to this heart are the scenes of my childhood when I found recollection presents them to view!” -Samuel Woodworth
51. “Sometimes, it’s better to bunk a class and enjoy with friends, because today, when I look back, marks never make me laugh, but memories do.” -A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
52. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side, our roots will always be tangled.” -Ally Condie.
Happy Childhood Quotes
53. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
54. “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
55. “You don’t have to have anything in common with people you’ve known since you were five. With old friends, you’ve got your whole life in common.” – Lyle Lovett.
56. “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” – G. Randolf.
57. “Childhood is the most beautiful of all life’s seasons.” -Jerry Smith.
58. “There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.” -Graham Greene.
59. “Childhoods never last. But everyone deserves one.” -Wendy Dale.
60. “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.” – Tom Robbins
61. “The childhood shows the man, As morning shows the day.” – John Milton
62. “A happy childhood is the pledge of a ripe manhood.” – Amos Bronson Alcott
63. “When you hear the words ‘magic’ and ‘story’, they will probably evoke thoughts of your favorite fairy tales from childhood.” -Tony DiTerlizzi
64. “Childhood is like a mirror, which reflects in afterlife the images first presented to it.” -Samuel Smiles
65. “Even if people are still very young, they shouldn’t be prevented from saying what they think.” –Anne Frank
66. “To every child—I dream of a world where you can laugh, dance, sing, learn, live in peace and be happy.” – Malala Yousafzai
67. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” -Albert Einstein
68. “What is it about childhood that never lets you go, even when you’re so wrecked it’s hard to believe you ever were a child?” -Mitch Albom
69. “Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child’s eye – it is very beautiful.” -Kailash Satyarthi
70. “All of us are products of our childhood.” -Michael Jackson
Growth happens to all of us, but at different times. Some of us had great childhoods and were taught what we needed to know to be successful adults.
Others didn’t get off to the same great start and may have had family relationship issues that affected their future. Please share them and visit us again.