Absolute air conditioning systems function just like their name suggests; they do not require the air ducts that are included in conventional central air systems to transport air to the vents in many homes. Absolute HVAC system consist of external or outdoor compressors that have a similar appearance to a conventional air conditioning unit.
Outdoor Compressor Unit
- Outdoor compressor units are typically situated against the structure or house.
- A hole that measures 3 inches is cut through the wall in order for lines that provide drainage, electricity, and refrigerant to come through from the exterior unit, through walls and inside the zone system indoors or the head that has been mounted on top of walls in rooms that you want to heat or cool.
- These types of systems are also known as variable, multi-split or mini-split refrigerant systems.
Absolute Heat Pumps
Air compressors provide air conditioning while complete HVAC systems feature Absolute heat pumps. This is a popular option for mist customers who opt for Absolute systems because it supplies both heat and air conditioning.
- Absolute systems continue to grow in popularity as they are regarded as an affordable way to replace window air conditioners and electric baseboards. They can save consumers a large chunk of their monthly energy bills.
- Absolute systems are also used in rooms that may be harder to cool, multi-family residences and new construction.
- Online resources have made it much easier for people to find reputable air conditioning specialists and smart air conditioning solutions that are ideal for various homes and needs.
Absolute Systems for New Constructions
For homes that currently use conventional systems, it is possible to abandon the system by removing the ducts and pipes. Some Absolute cooling and heating systems cater for supplemental heat in situations where temperatures are significantly low.
Energy Efficiency Advantages
If there are numerous Absolute zones in a structure or home, the temperature in every room can be controlled rather than relying on a thermostat for the whole house, which makes them much more energy efficient. A lot of air that moves through a conventional central air conditioning system may be lost as a result of leaks or holes.
Newer homes with an open area downstairs can benefit from one mounting on the wall to cool the whole area. Parts of the home that have several rooms may require multiple units for heating and cooling. Absolute systems only use the energy they need and provide the level of indoor efficiency that many homeowners seek.
Absolute Health Benefits
- It is important to find professional and reputable companies that can handle the work involved during system installations. Although walls systems need minimal maintenance, installing an outdoor system is a job that should be set aside for professionals.
- There are a number of health benefits that are derived from not having a Absolute system in the house. A lot of hazardous items can grow inside ducts, which leads to various health concerns.
Comparing Ducted and Absolute Systems
If you are shopping for a new air conditioning system, there are many options that are worth considering. Air conditioners are highly sought after with millions being bought annually. Before choosing the ideal system for your needs, you need to determine your preference between a Absolute system and central air conditioner. absolutehvacli.com and central air systems each have their own features and operations.
Central Air Conditioners
Central air conditioners consist of ductwork, the indoor unit, and the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit is responsible for cooling the air indoors while it is circulated throughout the home through the air handler or furnace inside the mechanical area. Cooling happens through an evaporator coil in the duct next o the furnace.
Ductwork disperses conditioned air to all the rooms of the home. In comparison to a central air conditioner, a Absolute unit, which can also be referred to as a mini-split, is a relatively simpler system. It has two parts, which are the indoor unit and outdoor unit.
Absolute Air Conditioners
Like central air conditioning systems, electrical wiring and piping connect the outdoor and indoor units. An isolated space or single room can be cooled by each indoor unit and ductwork is not necessary. Single outdoor units can be matched with single indoor units. Alternatively, some models make it possible for multiple indoor units to operate from one outdoor unit. Every interior unit is provided with its thermostat and each can be climate controlled individually.
Various Applications for Absolute Systems
- One of the main advantages of Absolute systems is their flexibility in regards to placement as well as the high level of comfort they offer, low noise levels both indoors and outdoors and their amazing efficiency.
- A Absolute system is a good choice for homes that have new additions and areas of the home that cannot accommodate ductwork. In such cases, a Absolute system can well by supplementing central air conditioners.
- Another major advantage of Absolute systems is the option of heating from heat pump models. Several locations within the home that require cooling during summer can benefit from more heat during winter. The technology of heat pumps in Absolute units has advanced rapidly over the years. There are many homes that only use Absolute systems for heating and cooling.
- When considering Absolute units as your main source of heat, it is advisable to consult an HVAC professional who can make sure that all performance issues and limitations are addressed and discussed.
Choosing an Air Conditioner
Selecting the right cooling system is a choice that depends on your objectives. Consider whether supplemental heat is a priority, improving the quality of indoor air and the importance of uniform comfort around the home. You may also want to think about your preference for particular types of technology and the thermostats and hi-tech additions that air conditioners can accommodate
Regardless of what you may need for your home, there are better products and several options that are available in the market. After selecting the best system for your needs, an experienced professional can help you with proper installation.
It is also essential to remember preventative maintenance and schedule it for your Absolute system as regularly as recommended. All types of air conditioners require an occasional tune-up to ensure that they keep on running efficiently.