40 Essentials Google Chrome Extensions Which Will Make Your Everyday Use Of Internet An Enjoyable Experience
Google Chrome is everybody’s favorite web browser. It is popular because it gives you an option to install many useful extensions.
Here are 40 best Google Chrome extensions which will make your everyday use of the Internet an enjoyable experience.
1. Todoist: To-do List And Task Manager
Todoist is the beautifully simple to-do list designed to help you do more and stress less.
Todoist – the simple, yet powerful task manager built for the pace of modern life. Whether you need to collaborate with your team, keep track of your most important projects, or just remember to pay the rent, Todoist is there to help give you peace of mind.
StayFocusd increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites.
You sit down at the computer, and you swear you’ll be productive. Next thing you know, it’s twelve hours later.
You’ve checked your email, updated your Facebook status, blown through 200 pages of Reddit, read every article in your Twitter feed, looked up your favorite band on Wikipedia, vanity googled yourself, cyber-stalked your ex, browsed through all your high-school crushes’ Instagram feeds, and lost a week’s pay playing online poker.
3. LastPass: Free Password Manager
LastPass, an award-winning password manager, saves your passwords and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device.
Only remember one password – your LastPass master password. Save all your usernames and passwords to LastPass, and it will autologin to your sites and sync your passwords everywhere you need them.
4. Add To Trello
Add to Trello lets you easily add cards to the Trello board of your choice straight from the browser. Automatically save your current tab to the board and list of your choice. The web page’s title and link will be automatically filled in for you, and the extension will remember the board and list you chose last.
5. Extensions Manager (Aka Switcher)
Handy extensions, applications & themes manager. Light popup manager to enable, disable, uninstall extensions, applications quick and easy.
6. Https Everywhere
HTTPS Everywhere is an extension created by EFF and the Tor Project which automatically switches thousands of sites from insecure “Http” to secure “https”. It will protect you against many forms of surveillance and account hijacking, and some forms of censorship.
Deletes typed URLs, Cache, Cookies, your Download and Browsing History…instantly, with just 1-click on Click&Clean button!
Click&Clean is an innovative and totally free solution for your PC, Mac or Chromebook, that will help you to:
- Scan your PC for Malware
- Delete your browsing history
- Remove download history
- Erase temporary files
- Clear cookies and Empty cache
- Delete client-side Web SQL Databases
8. J2team Security
Protect you from phishing and malware websites with real-time protection technology.
9. Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker
Ghostery is a powerful privacy extension. Block ads, stop trackers and speed up websites.
- Block Ads: Ghostery’s built-in ad blocker removes advertisements from a webpage to eliminate clutter so you can focus on the content you want.
- Protect Your Privacy: Ghostery allows you to view and block trackers on websites you browse to control who collects your data. Enhanced Anti Tracking also anonymizes your data to further protect your privacy.
- Browse Faster: Ghostery’s Smart Blocking feature speeds up page loads and optimizes page performance by automatically blocking and unblocking trackers to meet page quality criteria.
10. Checkbox: SEO, Web Speed & Security Tester
11. Avast Online Security
Browse without worry or fear with Avast in your corner: we’ll check every site you visit, from Facebook to your bank, to ensure nothing puts you or your data at risk. It stops phishing attacks, show user reviews, and warn you if a site is deemed untrustworthy by our community of 400 million.
12. FlowCrypt: Encrypt Gmail With PGP
FlowCrypt lets you use PGP end-to-end encryption by generating a private and public key.
Simple end-to-end encryption to secure email and attachments in Google. FlowCrypt adds a Secure Compose button to Gmail and G Suite. This way, you can send private PGP encrypted emails when you choose to.
13. Fair AdBlocker
Block annoying ads, popups, malware, and tracking (even on Facebook & Youtube), browse faster and protect your privacy.
- The absolute BEST adware and popup protection on the web.
- Block the most annoying ads, including autoplay video ads, youtube ads, expanding ads, interstitial page ads, overlay ads.
- More blocking options: you can use Fair AdBlocker to block Facebook ads, Webmail ads, Search ads, and more.
14. Wot Web Of Trust, Website Reputation Ratings
WOT strives to provide valuable content to all users who want the best internet security practices available to them. WOT creates a secure browsing environment, showing website security icons next to every URL & reputation alerts for unsafe websites.
Ever wondered how to check if a website is safe? Get the community to do the website security checks for you. Join millions of people in the WOT online security community to protect yourself from online threats that only humans can detect. Stay protected with secure browsing while shopping and surfing by trust checking with this must-have addition to any antivirus solution (even if you don’t use one)!
15. Ublock Origin
An efficient blocker: easy on memory and CPU footprint, and yet can load and enforce thousands of more filters than other popular blockers out there.
Usage: The big power button in the popup is to permanently disable/enable uBlock Origin for the current web site. It applies to the current web site only, it is not a global power button. Flexible, it’s more than an “adblocker”: it can also read and create filters from hosts files.
The more filters enabled, the higher the memory footprint. Yet, even after adding Fanboy’s two extra lists, hpHosts’ Ad and tracking servers, uBlock Origin still has a lower memory footprint than other very popular blockers out there.
Also, be aware that selecting some of these extra lists may lead to a higher likelihood of web site breakage – especially those lists which are normally used as hosts file.
16. Invideo For YouTube
Enabling you to search inside of youtube videos ever wanted to search inside a youtube video and skip right to your favorite parts? Whether it’s a lecture, movie, or ‘talk’?
Want it for the old youtube? Leave a comment stating “Old youtube” and that will motivate me please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or leave comments. I promise I read every single one of them! Btw if invideo stops working at any point, try reloading the page!
Usage: Look for a green “invideo” button. The button will be near the title section of a video. Some videos aren’t transcribable.
17. Turn Off The Lights For YouTube
The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the videos as if you were in the cinema. Works for YouTube and beyond.
With a single click on the lamp button, the page will fade to dark. And automatically focus on the video. By clicking on it again, the page will return to normal.
Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience. It works for all known video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Hulu, Metacafe, YouKu, etc. Not only this but these extensions are compatible with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon and Yandex web browsers.
18. Dark Reader
Dark mode for every website. Take care of your eyes, use dark theme for the night and daily browsing.
This eye-care extension enables night mode creating dark themes for websites on the fly. Dark Reader inverts bright colors making them high contrast and easy to read at night.
You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings, and ignore-list.
19. Stylish – Custom Themes For Any Website
Customize any website to your color scheme in 1 click, thousands of user styles with beautiful themes, skins & free backgrounds.
Stylish lets you style the web according to your personal taste.
- Give Reddit a dark mode, use minimalist Facebook themes, or change the look of Google, Twitter and any of your favorite sites
- Customize website backgrounds, color schemes, youtube skins, fonts, and even animations
- Easily disable, enable, edit or delete any of your installed styles (themes)
- Create your own user styles (themes) using Stylish’s CSS editor, and share it with millions of Stylish users
20. Save To Pocket
The easiest, fastest way to capture articles, videos, and more. Pocket’s Chrome extension is the easiest, fastest way to capture articles, videos, and anything else you find on the web. With one click, the content you’ve collected appears across all your devices in a clean, distraction-free space—there to read when you’re ready, whether at home, at work, or on the go. Pocket becomes a personal, quiet corner of the internet where you can spend quality time with the stories that matter to you.
Instapaper browser extension to save links for offline reading. Instapaper is a simple tool for saving web pages to read later on your iPhone, iPad, Android, computer, or Kindle. This browser extension may be used in place of the bookmarklet to save articles directly into your Instapaper queue.
It works by saving the current tab to your Instapaper account. Users who aren’t logged in will be taken to a login or signup page, after completing the process they will be redirected back to the original page with the original page saved in their queue.
22. Evernote Web Clipper
Evernote web clipper helps you save interesting things you find on the web into your Evernote account. With Evernote web clipper, clip any webpage, highlight what matters most, annotate, take screenshots, and have access to that information whenever and wherever you need it.
Clip the web pages you want to keep. Save them in Evernote. Easily access them on any device. If you’re researching a project, or just find yourself getting distracted by interesting articles while you’re trying to work, Evernote web clipper is fantastic.
23. Bitly: Unleash The Power Of The Link
Shorten, measure, and optimize your links. The Bitly Chrome extension is fully integrated with your Bitly account. Copy, customize, and share your links straight from your browser!
Updated: In this release, we streamlined the extension to make tagging easier, removed email sharing because of low usage with high abuse rates and fixed known bugs.
- Save content from your browser straight to your Bitly account
- Brand your Bitlinks by adding your domain or creating a custom link
- Tag Bitlinks to easily organize and search for them in the Bitly app
- Share Bitlinks via Twitter, Facebook
Scrap long links! Shorten and brand your links in one click. Automatically create Bitlinks with your unique domain and customize the back half of new Bitlinks all within the extension.
24. Save To Facebook
Save things you want to come back to later. See a funny video, workout, recipe or article you want to view or share with friends or family, but don’t have time? The Save to Facebook Chrome extension lets you save all those interesting things you see on the Internet, and easily find them later.
When you save an item from the Internet to Facebook, we help you keep it organized by presenting you with collection options. Add the item you want to save to an existing collection, or create a new one– it’ll be easier to find when you’re ready to view or share it later. You can create as many collections as you like, and name them whatever you want.
Next time you find interesting content at an inconvenient moment, just use the Save to a Facebook extension. When you’re ready to view it, select “Saved & Collections” on the menu to the left of Facebook News Feed, or saved in your browser.
Replace the new tab page with a personal dashboard featuring to-do, weather, and inspiration. New Tab page that gives you a moment of calm and inspires you to be more productive. Get inspired with a daily photo and quote, set a daily focus, and track your to-dos.
Eliminate distractions and beat procrastination with a reminder of your focus for the day on every new tab. Join over 3 million users and get inspired to create the life you want to live.
- New inspirational photo and quote each day
- Set a daily goal/focus/intention
- Keep track of tasks with Todo list
- See the weather and forecast
- Links and search
- Show bookmarks bar on new tab
- Default Chrome Tab/Apps links
- Customize the dashboard by showing/hiding widgets
- Set your uptime and downtime with Balance mode
- Feel good and get things done!
26. Earth View From Google Earth
Experience a beautiful image from Google Earth every time you open a new tab. Earth View displays a beautiful Satellite image from Google Earth every time you open a new tab.
27. Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder
Screencast, record screen as video. Screen capture for a full-page, annotate, blur sensitive info, and share with one-click uploads. Capture all or part of any web page. Add annotations, comments, blur sensitive info and share with one-click uploads. Now with free desktop capture!
The Awesome screenshot is the highest-rated screen capture & image annotation tool on Chrome with over 2 million users! As a way of thanking our user base, we no longer offer in-app purchases. Previously premium features are now completely free.
28. Google Dictionary (By Google)
View definitions easily as you browse the web. If you opt-in (via the options page), this extension will store a history of all your looked-up words and their definitions. You can download this history as a CSV file at any time.
In addition, you can allow other Chrome extensions to access this history. For example, a third-party extension could produce flashcards to help you practice words you’ve looked up before.
29. Quick Write Text Editor
A customizable, offline and full-screen text-editor Quick Write is a customizable full-screen text-editor that lives in your web browser. This is the fastest, distraction-free writing tool around.
30. Google Scholar Button
Lookup scholarly articles as you browse the web. This extension adds a browser button for easy access to Google Scholar from any web page. Click the Scholar button to:
- Find full text on the web or in your university library. Select the title of the paper on the page you’re reading, and click the Scholar button to find it.
- Transfer your query from web search to Scholar. Press the Scholar button to see the top three results; click “full screen” in the lower left of the popup to see them all.
- Format references in widely used citation styles. Press the quote button in the popup to see a formatted reference and copy it into the paper you’re writing.
Improve your focus and boost your productivity. Block out annoying noises and create the right environment for working or relaxing.
Noisli is the best and most beautifully designed productivity companion throughout your day. No matter if you are in an environment where it is too loud or too quiet, with Noisli you can create and listen to your favorite background sounds in order to focus and concentrate on your tasks.
- Quickly access and play your Favorite Combos
- Use the Timer for Productivity Sessions
- Master Volume Control
- Have all your Combos in sync
Bringing together your devices, friends, and the things you care about. Pushbullet is “the app you never knew you needed”, according to CNET. Here’s why:
- Text from your computer using your keyboard instead of grabbing your phone
- The easiest way to get a link or file onto your phone to open or share
- Deal with notifications on your computer as they arrive
- Conveniently send and receive SMS messages from your computer (requires Android)
- Reply to messages from many popular apps including WhatsApp, Kik, and Facebook Messenger (requires Android)
- Easily share links and files between your devices, or with friends
Automatically find and apply for discounts when you shop online! Stop searching for coupon codes and sales. Click on the Honey button during checkout and Honey will automatically apply coupon codes to your shopping cart.
On Amazon discover the best time to buy with price history charts and alerts when your favorite products are on sale.
34. Checker Plus For Gmail
Get notifications, read, listen to or delete emails without opening Gmail and easily manage multiple accounts.
- The fastest and easiest way to manage multiple email accounts
- 5-star extension with great reviews!
- Trusted developer of many extensions
- 1 million satisfied users worldwide
- Lots of features, options, and updates
- Extensive FAQs and personal tech support by with very quick responses
- Safer. Requires minimal permissions and only access to Google Mail’s
35. Schedule Email
Schedule your email to send at a later date and time Need to send an email to your client or boss, but it’s 1 am? No worries. Just schedule it to send first thing in the morning while you catch up on your beauty sleep.
36. Mailbutler For Gmail
Enhance Gmail with send later, tracking, templates, signatures, notes, tasks. Supercharge Gmail with Mailbutler, a powerful assistant that helps you instantly manage emails easier, save time and work less.
The only add-on you’ll need to reach your productivity goals.
- Send Later: Schedule emails to be sent any date and time and decide when they reach your recipient’s inbox.
- Follow-up reminders: Never lose track of important threads or get distracted by incoming messages.
- Signatures: Beautiful signatures available as templates to boost your email professionalism in a single click.
- Email & Link Tracking: Gain insight into your emails and links with real-time information such as time, location, device.
37. Screencastify – Screen Video Recorder
Screencastify is just awesome. I used to use bulky screencast/screenshot software…including SnagIt, Camtasia, And Screencast-O-Matic. Screencastify does everything I need and lives right in my browser.
38. Google Translate
View translations easily as you browse the web. By the Google Translate team. This extension adds a button to your browser toolbar. Click the translate icon whenever you want to translate the page you’re visiting.
The extension also automatically detects if the language of a page you’re on is different from the language you’re using for your Google Chrome interface. If it is, a banner appears at the top of the page. Click the Translate button in the banner to have all the text on the page appear in the new language.
39. Save To Google Drive
Save web content or screen capture directly to Google Drive. The Save to Google Drive Chrome extension helps you save web content or browser screenshots to your Google Drive.
- Adds a browser action to save the current page.
- Adds a right-click context menu to save hyperlinks and media.
- Configurable through an options page.
After your content is saved, the progress dialog allows you to open the file, rename, or view the file in the Google Drive document list. From the document list, you can organize and share your new document.
40. Google Calendar
A quick overview of your Google Calendar with one-click access to locations & documents a button on your browser toolbar that you can easily click to see upcoming from Google Calendar, without ever leaving your page. Access any map locations or attached documents in one click.
- Displays a preview of your calendar in your browser.
- This extension shows events from whatever calendars you are logged in within Chrome.
- If you want to use a Google Apps calendar, you should log in to that account first, then open the extension.