Hugging your partner is an instant stress reliever. Women who had frequent hugs with their romantic partner get the strongest benefits of oxytocin.
Oxytocin is a chemical in our bodies, also known as the “cuddle hormone”. Here are 20 interesting facts about love some of you probably didn’t know.
1. Falling in love is like being on drugs.
2. Eye contact is key.
3. Hugging your partner is an instant stress reliever.
4. Love works fast.
5. A happy heart is a healthy heart.
6. Love can be addictive.
7. Couples’ heartbeats synchronize.
8. Your heart can actually break.
9. Being in love is the number one reason why people wed.
10. Biologically, your love changes with time.
11. Remarriage is becoming more popular.
12. Priorities change when looking for a long term companion.
13. Love is chemically addictive.
14. Feelings make life that much sweeter.
15. It eases chronic pain.
16. Some people can’t feel love.
17. Being in a relationship positively shapes your personality.
18. Sometimes, your emotions play tricks on your heart.
19. Honesty makes for a lasting relationship.
20. Add a little adventure to your life.