15 Best Firewall Software To Protect Your PC From Any Malicious Activities In 2022
No matter what anti-virus program you have installed into your PC, you can never be sure whether your PC is free from any unauthorized network connections. Software and apps are notorious for abusing the permission they have been given. They tend to collect data from your computer, without your knowledge.
This is where firewalls come into significance. Your PC is protected from any malicious activities and cyberattacks if you have installed a firewall system.
We have selected the 25 best firewall software for your PCs that offer a wide range of features and can detect and fix any vulnerabilities in your network.
1. Firewall Security Management
SolarWinds Security Event Manager helps ensure that only authorized firewall administrators can make changes to any firewall policies that have been set. This helps admins develop a sturdy firewall protection standard. In addition, users can automate configuration change management across multi-vendor devices without the need for complex scripting and CLI commands.
- It allows you to create custom security filters.
- This tool enables you to monitor network traffic, firewalls, devices, and applications.
- You can optimize firewall configuration to avoid security breaches.
- It provides reports with a built-in policy check.
2. ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer
Gaining network activity insights and keeping abreast about firewall log is a challenging task as the security tool generates a huge quantity of traffic logs. Firewall Analyzer, an agent less log analytics and configuration management software, helps network administrators to understand how bandwidth is being used in their network. It is vendor-agnostic and supports almost all open source and commercial network firewalls such as Check Point, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto and more.
- Manages firewall policy effectively
- Ensures that the policy changes are managed
- Monitors the VPN and internet activities of users
- Continuously monitors and generates various compliance standards reports
ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall gives you full control over your firewall, enabling you to configure it to your security needs by classifying your network settings. It targets and defeats new and advanced attacks that other firewalls miss, giving you maximum security against zero-day attacks.
- You can work invisibly.
- It guards your personal data.
- Provides a secure browsing experience.
- Offers WiFi protection.
- It allows you to search safely and give you alerts for dangerous sites.
- You can safely download documents from the internet.
4. AVS Firewall
AVS Firewall is an intuitive to use application used to protect your computer against hacker attacks and intrusions while surfing the Internet. You can create your own profile to control your local network and Internet connections, get detailed information on all your PC internal and external connections and statistics.
- Secure your PC against malware, filter applications that will be connected to your PC and select between several security levels to prevent unauthorized intrusions.
- Protect your PC registry everytime any suspicious attempt to change the registry contents takes place. AVS Firewall suspends the action and displays an appropriate notification.
- Switch on the antibanner feature and block unwanted flash advertisings, popups and banners. Also use this feature to blacklist URLs that you do not wish to be displayed.
- Enable parent control making a whitelist of URLs and websites that you wish to view and work with. Apply content filter to limit access to undesired sites.
5. Avast Endpoint Firewall
Securing your business requires more than just protecting laptops. Any device connected to your network could pose a risk. Its endpoint protection solution, powered by next-gen antivirus, ensures that your network remains safe from advanced cyberattacks, no matter which devices are connected.
This is why Avast Patch Management is a key part of a comprehensive defense strategy.
- Helps you to manage PCs, Macs, and servers from a single place
- Schedule tasks in advance to make all devices control at all times
- Prevent dangerous websites, set templates, and group devices
- Most comprehensive reports of threats and malware
- Invite other administrators and set personalized notifications
6. Mcafee Firewall
McAfee security solutions, McAfee Total Protection stands tall with its combination of antivirus, privacy and identity tools and features. Defend yourself against the latest virus, malware, ransomware and spyware attacks, while keeping your identity and privacy close and personal.
- Prevent various type of viruses, malware, and ransomware from infecting your computer and mobile devices
- Helps you to secure your firewall and block hackers from accessing your home network
- Helps you to store and manage all your online passwords in a single location
- Keep sensitive files private by storing them on your system with 256-bit encryption
7. Azure Firewall
Azure Firewall automatically scales with your usage during peak load or as your business grows, eliminating the need to predict and reserve capacity for peak usage.
- Provides high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability
- You can create, enforce and log application and network connectivity policies
- Allows source and destination Network Address Translation
- Support for hybrid connectivity through deployment behind ExpressRoute Gateways and VPN
- Offers integrated with Azure Monitor for logging and analytics
Evorim is one of the Free firewalls which is fully-featured professional firewall that protects against the threats of the Internet. Control every program on your computer by permit or deny access to the Internet. Free firewall notifies you when applications want to access the Internet in the background without your knowledge. In monitoring mode, no software can access the Internet or network without your prior authorization.
- Prevent your site invaders from gaining access to your computer
- Regulate the access to the network and Internet according to a specific application
- If a non-authorize program wants to access the internet, you will receive a notification immediately
- Protects against tracking and monitoring of internet users with the help of cookies and other techniques.
TinyWall is an advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. The software also prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of the Windows Firewall.
- Non-intrusive operation
- Safe operation
- More than your average
- No cost
Norton AntiVirus Plus is ideal for 1 PC or Mac for offers real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, phishing attacks, and other online threats. The software is designed to provide multiple layers of security for your PC or Mac, including firewall protection.
- Real-time threat protection
- Helps you to generate, store, and manage your passwords, credit or debit card information and other credentials
- Helps you to monitor communications between your computer and other computers
Untangle NG Firewall is an award-winning unified threat management solution trusted by over 40,000 customers around the world. From content filtering to advanced threat protection, VPN connectivity to application-based shaping for bandwidth optimization, NG Firewall delivers comprehensive,
enterprise-grade network security and connectivity.
- Simplified management of your dispersed networks from a single pane of glass
- It is one of the best free firewall for Windows that allows you to manger your backups, auditing logs, licensing and renewals
- Integration with endpoint security partners
PeerBlock, is an app that prevents unsecured locations from accessing your computer, in order to protect your sensitive data. It can be easily figured out. Upon initialization, you can use a wizard to specify the types of ranges you want to block.
PeerBlock needs a very low amount of CPU and system memory, is pretty responsive to key strokes and mouse commands, and worked smoothly during our testing.
IceFloor is a Mac OS X application that provides a user-friendly graphical interface for the PF firewall, in order to offer a more extensive control over your traffic. Usually, these adjustments can be performed via the Terminal, but IceFloor enables you to quickly establish your own rules and create configuration files with just a few mouse clicks.
The IceFloor main window is separated into multiple tabs, and by navigating between them you can easily set up firewall rules for inbound and outbound connections, create various presets, manage hidden services, create custom rules, and much more.
Outpost Firewall gives peace of mind from virtually every Internet danger. Unlike other personal firewalls, Outpost starts protecting against all kinds of internal and external attacks as soon as it’s installed.
This is the first firewall with an open architecture and support for plug-ins, so its capabilities can easily be extended by thousands of developers worldwide.
- Basic Firewall Protection – Standard packet and application filtering safeguard your computer from unwanted communications.
- Connections Monitoring – Lets you see network activity in real time, to help define inappropriate connections and close them right away.
- Surfing Protection – Maintains your privacy on the Internet, keeps browser protected from Internet dangers.