The iPhone 12 is the latest flagship smartphone from Apple. As a smartphone that comes from a company that strives to be the leader in the world of smartphone technology, you can only expect it to be greater than its predecessors.
As is the tradition with Apple, every year sees a new feature introduced to the phones that they release. The iPhone 12 is no exception, as it has two new features which are the 5G connectivity and LIDAR technology. With Verizon announcing that it was moving to nationwide 5G connectivity, there could never be a better time for Apple to make the switch as well.
Announcement Date Of The iPhone 12
As is the norm with Apple, they announced four new devices in an event that they held on 13th October 2020. The three devices which were announced alongside the HomePod Mini are the iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone Pro, and the greatest of all which is the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Planning To Pre-Order The iPhone 12? Here’s What You Should Know
For customers who are more than eager to receive their new mobile handsets, there is quite some good news. Apple has already started taking pre-orders for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro. The pre-order period for the two devices started on 16th October 2020 and will be closely followed by the pre-orders for the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini, which commence on 6th November. The pre-orders are expected to cover 35 nations worldwide, for all models. There are also plans to include a dozen or more countries to the pre-orders period, from October 30th, 2020.
When Will The iPhone 12 Be Released?
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are scheduled to be shipped from October 23rd, 2020. The iPhone Mini and iPhone Pro Max will be shipped the following month from November 13th.
How Much Will The Phones Cost?
The four iPhone 12 models will have the following starting prices:
- US$699 with discounts from phone companies or $729 without discounts, for the iPhone 12
- $799 with discounts or $829 without, for the iPhone 12
- $999 for the iPhone 12 Pro
- $1099 for the iPhone12 Pro Max.
The prices are also expected to vary depending on the storage that a customer will choose. The device that will cost the most amount of money is the iPhone 12 Pro Max, featuring a 512GB storage.
How Many Models Of The iPhone 12 Do We Expect?
As you may have noticed by now Apple will release 4 models under the iPhone 12 category. This means that there will be an extra device model, unlike what there was previously for the XS/XR and 11 series. The four models, all of which feature 5G connectivity, will have different features, such as screen size, and camera resolutions.
The four official iPhone 12 models that you should expect from Apple this year include:
- iPhone 12 Mini with a dual camera and 5.4 inches of screen size.
- iPhone 12 with a dual-camera and 6.1 inches screen size
- iPhone 12 pro with a triple camera, 6.1 inches screen size, and the all-new LIDAR technology
- iPhone 12 Pro Max, featuring a triple camera setup, a massive 6.7 inches of screen size, and the LIDAR technology.
What Are The Most Notable Features Of The iPhone 12?
The main features that are expected to excite customers who will buy the iPhone 12 models include:
- 5G Connectivity: As the latest and fastest cellular connectivity technology, there was no way Apple was going to miss out on this one. This new connectivity technology promises internet speeds that are twice faster compared to 4G LTE. An even greater promise is that 5G could be up to 20 times faster than 4G, in the future.
- LIDAR: Apple is, indeed, the leader they claim to be. The LIDAR sensor is a new feature on some of the 2020 devices from apple. It has already appeared to customers on devices such as the iPad Pro 12.9. This new feature uses depth-sensing technology to allow for mapping and augmented reality.
- Enhanced camera capabilities: With Apple’s dedication to research and development of technologically advanced devices, you can now take better photos and videos from your iPhone 12 models. Thanks to the LIDAR sensor on the Pro versions, as well as the never-ending enhancements on Apple devices, your iPhone 12 camera is now capable of producing professional-quality shots.
- Super Retina XDR: This OLED screen from Apple features an edge-to-edge design, and is capable of supporting HDR at over 400 pixels for every inch.
- Design improvements: The iPhone 12 is lighter and thinner compared to iPhone 11, and has better drop protection as a result of the “ceramic shield” addition.
- Smart Data Mode: To reduce battery usage, your iPhone 12 will be capable of automatically switching between 4G LTE, and the 5G modes, when necessary.
- New processors: the new A14 Bionic, which is a 16-core chip from Apple, makes the iPhone 12 a revolutionary phone with performance speeds that are up to 50% faster compared to the normal phone processors.