These justice quotes will remind you to treat others fairly and give you the courage to stand up for what is right.
What does justice mean?
This means that people are treated fairly and behave morally. Unfortunately, people have different ideas about what fair and moral treatment is. But by definition, it should be easy.
The word justice comes from the Latin word jus, meaning justice or law. Justice is often used interchangeably with the word “fair.” Many philosophers, sociologists, theologians, and other scholars define justice as the right order of people and things. All races and religions contain definitions of justice in their laws and codes of conduct. Justice is the glue that holds society together. Justice includes the concept of upholding the law, like the work of the police, judges, and courts.
Behind the concept of justice is the idea of balance, where people get what is right, fair, and proper. We all feel that we deserve equal and fair treatment, but perhaps our conception of justice is just a way to justify our desire for revenge. It just makes me feel better about balancing the scales, associating it with the connotations of ‘right’ and ‘good’. You can find a collection of poetic quotes.
Over time, justice has helped disenfranchised people. Protests for the need for justice are widespread and people are actively and peacefully participating in the such grave but necessary protests. Justice is also a source of inspiration for children who take refuge in superheroes who fight for justice and mercy. A life without justice is an unjust life. Here we have a collection of justice quotes to help you never forget that justice is a social need and a right for men and women everywhere.
Quotes On Justice And Truth
1. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
3. “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Weasel
4. “Social justice cannot be attained by violence. “ Violence kills what it intends to create.” – Pope John Paul II
5. “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.” – Benjamin Franklin
6. “We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. “Men often mistake killing and revenge for justice. They seldom have the stomach for justice.” – Robert Jordan
8. “Justice? — You get justice in the next world. “ In this one you have the law.” – William Gaddis
9. “Courage is of no value unless accompanied by justice; yet if all men became just, there would be no need for courage.” – Agesilaus the Second
Love And Justice Quotes
10. “Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due.” – Domitus Ulpian
11. “Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “Justice is conscience, not a personal conscience but the conscience of the whole of humanity.” – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
13. “If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.” – Francis Bacon
14. “Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned.” – Anatole France
15. “Justice is always violent to the party offending, for every man is innocent in his own eyes.” – Daniel Defoe
16. “Injustice is relatively easy to bear; it is justice that hurts.” – H.L.Mencken
17. “Justice should remove the bandage from her eyes long enough to distinguish between the vicious and the unfortunate.” – Robert G.Ingersoll
18. “Justice in the life and conduct of the State is possible only as first it resides in the hearts and souls of the citizens.” – Plato
19. “Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.” – Harrison Ford
20. “The administration of justice is the firmest pillar of government.” – George Washington
21. “The best safeguard against fascism is to establish social justice to the maximum extent possible.” – Arnold Toynbee
Lady Justice Quotes
22. “Justice has nothing to do with what goes on in a courtroom; Justice is what comes out of a courtroom.” – Clarence Darrow
23. “In the halls of justice, the only justice is in the halls.” – Lenny Bruce
24. “You know, the courts may not be working anymore, but as long as everyone is videotaping everyone else, justice will be done.” – Marge Simpson
25. “The love of justice is, in most men, nothing more than the fear of suffering injustice.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
26. “ Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned.” – Anatole Franc
27. “Justice and the facade of a temple are seen best from the outside.” – Austin O’Malley
28. “If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.” – Francis Bacon
29. “There is no such thing as justice, all the best that we can hope for is revenge.” – Emilie Autumn
30. “Justice is always violent to the party offending, for every man is innocent in his own eyes.” – Daniel Defoe
31. If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.” -Ernesto Che Guevara.
32. “Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due.” -Ulpian.
33. “The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.” -Lois McMaster Bujold.
34. “At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst.” -Aristotle.
35. “Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.” -Albert Einstein
36. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
37. “Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.” -Cornel West.
38. “The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you don’t listen to it, you will never know what justice is.” – Howard Zinn.
39. “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.” ― Benjamin Franklin.
40. “Honest people, mistakenly believing in the justice of their cause, are led to support injustice.” -Elihu Root.
41. “If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.” -Francis Bacon.
42. “Only the man who has enough good in him to feel the justice of the penalty can be punished; the others can only be hurt.” -William Ernest Hocking.
43. “Truth never damages a cause that is just.” ― Mahatma Gandhi.
Short Quotes About Justice
44. “I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.” -Abraham Lincoln.
45. “Justice delayed is Justice denied.” -William Gladstone.
46. “Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned.” -Anatole France.
47. “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” -Blaise Pascal.
48. “We shall overcome because the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.” –Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
49. “Homer, that’s your solution to everything… You know, the courts might not work any more, but as long as everybody is videotaping everyone else, justice will be done.” -Marge Simpson
50. “Each of us is more than the worst thing we’ve ever done.” -Bryan Stevenson.
51. “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.” -‘The Bible’.
52. “Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy.” -Wendell Berry.
53. “As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation – either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
54. “If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgement of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgement now.” -Marcus Aurelius.
55. “Law is not law, if it violates the principles of eternal justice.” -Lydia Maria Child.
56. “It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.” -James Baldwin.
57. “Sometimes, the only way to get justice is to take it for yourself.” -Leigh Bardugo.
58. “I seek truth over a lie; I seek justice over injustice; I seek righteousness over the rewards of evildoers, and I love Allah more than I love the state.” -H. Rap Brown.
59. “Justice is the first virtue of those who command, and stops the complaints of those who obey.” – Denis Diderot
60. “It is not possible to be in favor of justice for some people and not be in favor of justice for all people.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
61. “I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice.” – Albert Camus.
62. “To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection.” -Wayne Dyer.
63. “Man’s capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man’s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary.” -Reinhold Niebuhr.
64. “People who don’t expect justice don’t have to suffer disappointment.” -Isaac Asimov.
65. “A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.” -Robert Frost.
66. “Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
67. “All pain is a punishment, and every punishment is inflicted for love as much as for justice.” -Joseph de Maistre.
68. “It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.” -John Adams.
69. “Resentment seems to have been given us by nature for a defense, and for a defense only! It is the safeguard of justice and the security of innocence.” -Adam Smith.
70. “We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
71. “Right knows no boundaries and justice no frontiers; the brotherhood of man is not a domestic institution.” -Learned Hand.
72. “Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.” -George Bernard Shaw.
When in a legal tangle, you need something to help you survive the incident. The above justice quotes motivate you enough to want to strike back. You will never want to keep holding your emotions. The challenge faced you would want to fight back and win in the end.
Other Quotes Related Posts:
Guilty Quotes Collection
Faith In God Quotes
Wisdom From Video Games
Quotes From Fictional Characters