Math doesn’t always have to be hard and confusing, sometimes it can even make you smile! These funny math jokes will keep the mood light as we work our way through problems. Math jokes are a great way to make learning math more fun. By using math jokes, you can help lighten the mood in the classroom and get kids excited about learning math.
Math jokes make learning math more enjoyable for students. When students know their teacher’s favorite joke, it helps them love math even more. These jokes can be used with kids and students or with your mathematician buddy. When you need a good laugh, these jokes will be sure to put any bad day in perspective. Math jokes add up to a good time because they get kids’ brains engaged. Jokes about math and geometry are especially fun to share, because they help kids learn while they’re having a good time.
This list of the best math jokes has 60 jokes that all Math geek will love to share with their friends.
1. What did zero say to eight?
Hey, nice belt!
2. Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots!
3. Where do math teachers go on vacation?
To Times Square!
4. Why should you never get in an argument with an obtuse triangle?
Because they’re never right!
5. Why did the Romans think algebra was so easy?
They knew X was always 10!
6. Did you hear the joke about the statistician?
7. Why did the math professor divide sin by tan?
8. What did the students call their algebra teacher after he spent all summer at the beach?
9. What is the official animal of Pi Day?
10. What was Sir Isaac Newton’s favorite dessert?
11. What’s a math teacher’s favorite sum?
12. There are three types of people in the world…Those who can count, and those who can’t!
13. What do you call two dudes who bond over math?
14. What did Al Gore play on his guitar?
15. How do you get warm in a cold room? Just stand in the corner. It’s always 90 degrees!
Are monsters good at math? No… unless you Count Dracula!
16. Why couldn’t the angle get a loan?
Its parents wouldn’t cosine.
17. Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots.
18. Did you hear that old math teachers never die?
They just lose some of their functions.
19. Why is the obtuse triangle always upset?
Because it is never right!
20. What did the acorn say when it grew up?
Ge-om-e-try! (Gee, I’m a tree!)
21. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake?
22. What do you call an empty parrot cage?
A polygon. (A polly gone.)
23. Why was the equal sign so humble?
He knew he wasn’t less than or greater than anyone else.
24. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach?
A tangent. (A tan gent.)
25. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
Because they already 8!
26. What’s a math teacher’s favorite kind of tree?
27. Why doesn’t anybody talk to circles?
Because there’s no point.
28. Why did the mathematician spill all of his food in the oven?
The directions said, “Put it in the oven at 180°”.
29. I met a math teacher who had 12 children.
She really knows how to multiply!
30. What’s a swimmer’s favorite kind of math? Dive-ision!
Are monsters good at math? Not unless you Count Dracula.
31. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
They already eight!
32. Why did the student get upset when her teacher called her average?
It was a ‘mean’ thing to say.
33. What do you call two friends who love math?
34. What is a bird’s favorite type of math?
35. I don’t get the point of decimals. I’m more partial to fractions.
36. When you keep missing math class it starts to really add up.
37. Why was the math book so sad?
Because it had so many problems.
38. Why was the equal sign so humble?
Because she knew she wasn’t greater than or less than anyone else.
39. What do you call the number 7 and the number 3 when they go out on a date?
The odd couple (but 7 is in her prime).
40 Dear Algebra, stop trying to find your x.
They’re never coming back — don’t ask y.
41. Why is six afraid of seven?
Because seven eight nine!
42. Teacher: Why are you doing your multiplication on the floor?
Student: You told me not to use tables.
43. Why did the girl always wear glasses during math class?
They improve di-vision.
44. A clerk at the butcher shop is 6 feet tall and wears size 10 shoes. What does he weigh?
Answer: Meat. He works at the butcher’s shop.
45. If you buy a rooster for the purpose of laying eggs and you expect to get three eggs each day for breakfast, how many eggs will you have after three weeks?
Answer: None. Roosters don’t lay eggs.
46. What do you call a number that just can’t keep still.
A roamin’ numeral.
47. My girlfriend is the square root of -100.
She’s a perfect 10, but purely imaginary.
48. Why was the math lecture so long?
Answer: The professor kept going off on a tangent.
49. How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
One—she just gives it to three physicists, thus reducing it to a problem that’s already been solved.
50. What’s the best place to do math homework?
On a multiplication table.
51. What do you call an adventurous number?
A roamin’ numeral.
52. Did you hear the one about the statistician?
53. What do you call a number that can’t stay in one place?
A Roamin’ numeral.
54. What is a math teacher’s favorite sum?
55. There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can’t.
56. Why does nobody talk to circles?
Because there is no point.
57. Why can’t you trust a math teacher?
They’re always calculating.
58. Have you ever noticed what’s odd?
Every other whole number.
59. There’s a fine line between a numerator and a denominator… But only a fraction would understand.