Social Media Optimization refers to the techniques and tactics used to build brand awareness on social media platforms by optimizing your content and your business.
SMO is about strategically creating, building and maximizing your social media plan to connect with your target audience. SMO allows you to:
- Strengthen your brand
- Generate leads
- Get more visibility online
- Connect with your audience
Winning Strategies for Social Media Optimization
1. Create Great Content
Make sure your content is engage able and shareable that is very relevant to your target audience.
- Add your content on a regular basis by continually posting new content, visitors will keep coming back to learn about new insights within your field of expertise
- Add media-rich elements to your pages, Visual content is more engaging, catchy and appealing it will always spark more interest with most of the audiences by adding in photos, videos and info graphics, etc..
2. Drive Traffic Back To Your Website
Use different ways to attract them back to your website – using call to action on your social media pages & content, giveaways, promotional offers, etc..
- You can’t increase your revenue if you’re unable to drive audience back to your website.
- These are shortened URLs that allow a marketer to attribute the traffic from social networks.
- Hash tags give your audience a way to find you. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram have incorporated the use of hashtags. It’s quite entertaining.
3. Optimize Your Social Profile
- Creating an online social media profile seems like a simple task, it is one of the areas of social media optimization.
- To create a strong profile: Use username as your company name, use your company logo as your profile photo,
- Use simple language to clearly state what your company does.
4. Posting Schedule
The time you post is just as important as what you post. The optimal posting time depends on your audience and
the social media site you’re using.
Here is the social media posting frequency
- Facebook: 3-10 times per week
- Twitter: 5+ times per day
- LinkedIn: 2-5 times per week
- Pinterest: 5-10 times per day
5. Track & Improve
You should track your post status & campaign with social media analytics.
- Social Media Optimization can drastically improve the way you approach marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media sites.
- Start taking a strategic approach to social media marketing and amplify your results.