Startup America Partnership to Encourage Entrepreneurship
President Barack Obama announced the Startup America Partnership on January 31, 2011.This is an initiative to encourage and support entrepreneurship and to catalyze private support for entrepreneurial ecosystems. The ultimate goal is to support job creation.
This endeavor will tap into the expertise of the country’s most innovative entrepreneurs, corporations, universities, foundations, and other leaders and institutions, working in concert with a wide range of Federal agencies to dramatically increase the prevalence and success of America’s entrepreneurs.
To kick-start the campaign, the Obama Administration announced 27 public and private commitments organized across five key goals:
1. Expand access to capital for high-growth startups.
2. Expand entrepreneurship education and mentorship programs.
3. Strengthen federally-funded R&D commercialization.
4. Identify and remove unnecessary barriers to high-growth startups.
5. Expand collaborations between large companies and startups.
To know more about Startup America Partnership, read following articles: