Vampire brothers, Stefan and Damon Salvatore, the battle for the affection of selfless teenager, Elena Gilbert. Stefan is the good and kind-hearted brother that feeds on animal blood to keep from killing anybody, and Damon is the selfish and dangerous older brother that feeds on human blood carelessly.
Elena is brought into the supernatural world that she was hidden from as a girl, and surrounds herself with a circle of human AND supernatural friends, ready to fight the hunters and enemies that wait for them in the shadows.
No one does entertaining villainy better than Katherine, and the storyline where she gets passengered into Elena’s body and impersonates her is one of my favorites. Katherine relishes getting to take advantage of Elena’s popularity while being supremely annoyed at the good behavior she has to maintain if she wants to fool anyone.
The scene in which she compels Matt to divulge pertinent Elena facts, like her birthday and whether she likes Caroline or Bonnie better (“please say Caroline, please say Caroline,” she mutters) exemplifies what makes Katherine so perversely likable: her determination to survive and her sheer force of will.
1. Damon And Elena’s Epic Motel Kiss (Season 3, Episode 19)
2. Elena’s Death And Rebirth (Season 3, Episode 22)
3. Katherine’s Bloody Return (Season 1, Episode 22)
4. The Mikaelson Family Ball (S3, Ep. 14 “Dangerous Liasons”)
5. Elena Stabs Herself And Kills Elija (S2, Ep. 15 “The Dinner Party”)
6. Caroline Reads Tyler The Riot Act (S5, Ep. 14 “No Exit”)
7. Damon’s Farewell To His Mom (S7, Ep. 8 “hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”)
8. Damon Dances With Elena At The Miss Mystic Falls Pageant (S1, Ep. 19 “Miss Mystic Falls”)
9. Miss Mystic Falls – (Season 1 Episode 19)
10. Stefan Calls Elena – (Season 3 Episode 1)
11. Klaus Saves Caroline – (Season 3 Episode 11)
12. The Ghosts Come Back – (Season 4 Episode 22)