1. War is never a lasting solution for any problem.
2. Only the dead have seen the end of war.
3. Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die.
4. All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.
5. Men make war to get attention. All killing is an expression of self-hate.
6. It doesn’t make a damned bit of difference who wins the war to someone who’s dead.
7. It’s not the armies that are evil, it’s wars and people who start them.
8. Wars don’t end anything.
9. War is a game that can be played with a smile on a face, but there won’t be any laughter in a heart.
10. War means violence that begets new violence.
11. It’s funny how those who are most pro-war are almost always the guys who never had to fight in one.
12. I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I do know that World War IV will be fought with rocks.
13. War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other’s children.
14. The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
15. War is only a cowardly escape from the problems of peace.
16. Wars of pen and ink often lead to wars of cannon and bayonets.
17. History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
18. War is a severe doctor; but it sometimes heals grievances.
19. War demands sacrifice of the people. It gives only suffering in return.
20. To get through a war, a man needs something bigger than himself to fight for