A cloud-based CRM (cloud CRM) is a CRM software that is completely hosted on the cloud. The biggest advantage of cloud CRM is that it is accessible across devices. You can access the information at any time.
The beauty of cloud CRM is its instant access to information, it allows one to gather real-time insights and automates processes such as nurturing and qualifying leads, and closing deals and helps provide stellar customer service.
Why Do You Need A Cloud-Based CRM?
Every business needs a CRM system to manage contacts, gain insights from customer data and automate tasks easily. Businesses will need resources and infrastructure to run on-premise CRM software. That is probably why businesses need to switch to cloud CRM applications.
Cloud-based CRM provides a user-friendly interface and is highly customizable with multiple feature-packed options.
Who Should Use A Cloud-Based CRM?
Businesses of all sizes irrespective of any industry can use CRM software to build healthy relationships with customers. You need not invest in infrastructure and maintenance, hence any business that wants to leverage the benefits of CRM can go for cloud-based CRM with minimal investment and effort.
Sales and marketing, Nonprofit organizations, real estate, project management, help desks, and many more industries can thrive their business using a cloud-based CRM solution and strengthen their connection with the customers, thereby increasing revenue options.
Cloud CRM vs Traditional On-premise CRM
A cloud-based CRM is superior when compared to traditional On-premise CRM in the following ways:
- Installation: The cloud-based CRM is installed easily and implemented quickly, Whereas On-premise CRM has complex architecture and it takes time for implementation.
- Accessibility: You can access cloud-based CRM from anywhere, any time and from any device. The access to on-premise CRM is limited to a particular device and particular time periods.
- Scalability: It takes time to scale on-premise CRM because of its complexity.
- Flexibility: On-premise CRM is not flexible which requires a lot of effort and upgrades in the IT infrastructure. Cloud based CRM requires only minimal efforts and is flexible.
- IT Support: The On-premise CRM needs support from the IT department to manage its service and it also pays an enormous sum to avail the support. Cloud based CRM doesn’t require any IT support and is managed by the CRM vendor.
- Maintenance: The cloud CRM is completely upgraded and maintained by the CRM vendor. The on-premise CRM requires maintenance servers and supportive hardware resources.
Benefits Of A Cloud-Based CRM
1. Easy Installation
People fear that CRM installation is a long and tedious process. But that is not the story with cloud-based CRM. A cloud-based CRM is quick and easy to install in less time. Once you sign up for the CRM, you can just import your data and make use of the applications. With cloud CRM you don’t have to worry about complex installation and maintenance. Your cloud-based CRM provider makes it simple for you.
2. Access Anywhere – Anytime
You can access the CRM systems round the clock, which is the major benefit of cloud-based CRM. You can store and manage information in the CRM system from your office device, or in your home or while traveling. It is compatible across all devices. You can make urgent calls on the go, send an email from outside the office, amend sales quotes and find a contact’s phone number. Cloud based CRM provides seamless access to the centralized platform.
3. Cost Effective CRM
Cloud based CRM lets you pay on a subscription basis. With minimal investment, cloud-based CRM reduces the risks and helps small businesses to scale better in their operations. Medium and small businesses can leverage the many capabilities provided by the CRM solution by investing a little sum every month.
4. Data Security
Cloud based CRM solutions are highly secure with robust backup plans and data recovery procedures. Cloud based CRM lets you govern the access rights and who can give privileges based on who you want to access the data. You can keep unauthorised access at bay with cloud-based CRM solutions.
Every business has its own CRM needs and requirements. Cloud-based CRM provides you with applications that help cater to your needs. You can add or remove features based on your business processes. Cloud-based CRM provides flexibility to choose, customize and manage as per the requirements of the business.
6. Advanced Integration
Cloud based CRM can be integrated with third-party systems for smoother business operations. With integrations, businesses can carry out the tasks easily. Some of the third-party systems might be unrelated to CRM but the data it generates or uses, can turn CRM into a powerful software.
Cloud Based CRM Features
Many CRM solutions offer many useful features that help maximise the productivity and efficiency of the business processes. Some of the feature include:
- Contact management: You can store and manage customer and client information and view the details whenever needed. The CRM systems will allow to track communication, schedule events, set reminders, fix appointments & meetings and furnish reports.
- Sales Pipeline: You can track the performance of each of the sales stages and measure the progress. The sales pipeline gives an overview of how the sales are performing and how close you are in closing the deals and reaching the quotas.
- Mobile Access: You can use the cloud CRM to access on the go. You can view, retrieve and manage information from mobile devices. It is highly beneficial for people who do field work.
- Workflow automation: CRM helps work done easier by automating the workflows. You can set triggers to perform a particular action. Say, if a lead fills out a form in your website, CRM tool Workforce Software Monday will help direct the information to the sales department.
- Third party integrations: Most CRM programs offer third party integrations that will save a lot of time, effort and money. You can connect with google maps, outlook, word press and much more so that you needn’t switch between applications. Everything is there in your CRM application.
Cloud-based CRM solutions will provide businesses with exceptional service that enhances the customer experience. There are many benefits of a CRM that is fully hosted in the cloud.
Cloud-based CRM is cheaper, easier to work with, and provides greater collaboration. It offers customizable options as per your requirements and helps you scale your business in a profitable way.